Nashville Car Accident Attorney
Despite significant advances in vehicle safety, car accidents are still one of the leading causes of death by injury in the United States. There are over 5 million car accidents every year in the United States that result in 1.3 million deaths. Between 20 and 50 million people suffer an injury or disability every year as a result of a car accident.
When not fatal, the effects of car accidents can cause lifelong suffering for survivors, and can require permanent and costly medical care. Considering the serious consequences survivors suffer, they can often take legal action and recover damages from the party responsible for the accident.
At the Law Offices of Luvell L. Glanton, we understand the importance of recovering damages, like compensation for medical bills, for victims of car accidents.
Causes of Car Accidents
The most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving—drivers texting, talking on the phone, checking a GPS
- Poor road conditions—snow, fog, or defects with the road itself like potholes, improper lane striping, or deficient shoulders
- Drivers under the influence—driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to follow driving rule—drivers failing to stop at red lights or for stop signs, drivers making illegal turns
- Aggressive driving
What To Do If You Are in a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, you should:
- Move your car to the side of the road if possible
- Call 911 for medical assistance if needed
- Contact the police
- Write down information about the other party, including insurance and license plate information
- Do not admit or discuss fault
- Take photos of the damages and scene of the accident
- Call your insurance company
- Contact a car accident attorney
Statute of Limitations
All states have “statutes of limitations” that restrict the amount of time a victim has to file a case. In Tennessee, victims have one year from the date of the accident to file a claim for damage recovery. Failing to file within the statute of limitations can result in immediate case dismissal, and the removal of the cause of action of the case, meaning it will be impossible to ever file that claim.
Tennessee Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or property damage in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for damages relating to the injury. Car accident victims can recover damages for:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Insurance cover (if the other party does not have sufficient insurance)
- Property damage
If a car accident resulted in serious injuries or major property damage you should speak to an experience car accident attorney. An experienced attorney will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, collect the necessary evidence, and utilize experts to attest to the cause of the accident and the extent of your injuries.
The Law Offices of Luvell L. Glanton have the experience and expertise you need to successfully recover damages from a car accident claim. Attorney Luvell L. Glanton is committed to securing the compensation clients deserve as victims of a car accident. Call our offices today at 615-244-4511 to schedule a free consultation.